Wednesday, January 31, 2007

ALEMANIA, YOU GOT ONE WHEEL IN THE DITCH, AND A WHEEL ON THE TRACK?

I'm from Alabama. I live in Germany. And I'm just sayin' . . .

sausages, beer, no speed limits on some highways, 4-wheelers are street legal, Texas Lightning was the German entry for the most recent Eurovision, Fußball, Michael Schumacher, the Scorpions, David Hasselhof, losing two world wars (and starting at least one of them), genocide,
smoking is allowed (not banned by law in any way) everywhere, Benny the Rat.

I could see a Tallulah Bankhead and raise a Marlene Dietrich, offer a Berthold Brecht in response to a Tennessee Williams, and put William Faulkner between Günter Grass and Thomas Mann.

Granted, I could write a much longer list of things that carry precisely the opposite implication, but still.

Du bist womöglich einen Rotnacken.

No comments: