Saturday, January 20, 2007

YOU'RE ON THE AIR!

At some point when I was in college (this would have been some time between 1990 and the end of 93) I was on the road from Hattiesburg to Bessemer. This was coincidental with the brief moment in which there was a pretty cool classic rock station in Tuscaloosa. During this some point, I passed through Tuscaloosa and have a clear recollection of hearing something like the following taking place:

DJ: Rok 109, whatchu wanna hear?

Caller: Yeah, uh, can y'all play "Intruder" bah Snow?

DJ: Uh, no.

And away we went into "Locomotive Breath" by Jethro Tull. The Honda's speakers barely made it past Cottondale.

I am listening to that wonderful song right now, and it is the anti Snow. The all time winner has got him by the balls, still.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Intruder? Snow? What are you talking about?

Molly Lawless said...

I think it was "Informer"... y'know, "infor-mer/me no say daddy me snow me I don't blame/a licky boom boom down"

He was a sucky white Canadian dude attempting some manner of Jamaican-ness, no?

Greg said...

I'm going to trust you, Molly. I have no reason to stand by "Intruder" as the title.

I will say, though, that your knowledge of the lyrics is offputting.

Anonymous said...

No, no -- she's photographic about certain things. It's scary.